I have a couple of Christmas dinners to attend, divorced parents and all that, I had my first Christmas today. My family are supportive of me doing Keto which is great so I said I would do dessert – knowing I could find something great to make that I could eat. Seeing as the Australia staple Christmas dessert – Pavlova was definitely out.
Search the web and comparing recipes I decided on Death by Chocolate Cheesecake from alldayIdreamaboutfood.com but as I am in Australia I converted it to metric and made a couple of tweaks as our products are a bit different sometimes. Here is my metric Aussie version for anyone wanting to make it.
A super rich, deeply chocolatey low carb cheesecake recipe 100% keto.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup powdered Nativa (or your choice of sweetener)
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 block 90% Cocoa Lindt Chocolate, broken up
- 1 tbsp butter
- 750gms cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered Nativa (the granules don’t melt and make a gritty texture, so either buy powdered or put it in food processor for a minute to powder it before adding)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup cream, room temperature
- 2 tsp melted butter for brushing sides of pan
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 tbsp – 1/3 cup powdered Nativa (dependent on taste)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 block 90% Cocoa Lindt Chocolate, broken up
- Springform Pan
- Baking paper
- Preheat oven to 180c. In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, cocoa powder, and Nativa, while dry then stir in melted butter until well combined.
- Place baking paper on base of springform pan and lock into place. Press mixture firmly into the bottom of a 20-30 cm springform pan. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, and then remove and reduce oven 160c.
- In a dry bowl (water makes chocolate seize) add butter and chocolate and microwave for 20 sec bursts – should only take 40 sec to a minute. Then stir until glossy. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth using a beater. Beat in Nativa and vanilla extract, then beat in eggs one at a time, scraping down beaters and sides of bowl as needed.
- Beat in cocoa powder and cream until well combined, then lastly beat in melted chocolate until mixture is completely smooth.
- Brush sides of springform pan with melted butter, taking care not to disturb the crust. Pour filling into pan and gently shake from side to side to even out. Bake 45 to 55 minutes, or until filling is mostly set but still jiggles just a little in the middle.
- Remove and let cool 15 minutes, then run a sharp knife around the inside of the pan to loosen. Let cool completely. Once cool, remove sides, cover loosely in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine cream and sweetener. Bring to just a simmer, then remove from heat and add chopped chocolate and vanilla. Let sit 5 minutes and then whisk until smooth.
- Pour over the top of the chilled cheesecake, allowing some to drip down the sides. Chill until set.
Just two tips. Take it out of the fridge a good 2 hours before you want to eat it, it is much tastier room temperature than cold. Finally use a hot knife to cut it and clean in between or it will stick to the knife and your cuts will get messy. Enjoy!
Serves 16. Each serving has 11.49 g of carbs and 6.27 g of fiber. Total NET CARBS = 5.22 g.
Food energy: 378kcal Total fat: 32.98g Calories from fat: 296 Cholesterol: 112mg Carbohydrate: 11.49g Total dietary fiber: 6.27g Protein: 7.75g
This is Death by Chocolate Cheesecake from alldayIdreamaboutfood.com recipe I am not claiming as my own just adjusting it for Aussies to make.