This is one of my favourites, a classic meal that never feels like it is missing anything.
The secret to a perfect steak is:
- Take meat out early and let it get to room temperature before cooking
- rub oil salt and pepper onto the surface of the meat, not in the pan.
- Get a cast iron pan piping hot – like 10 minutes on the stove before using.
- 6-10 minutes each side depending on how you like it cooked, I like my meat red so I do 6 minutes. Only turn it once.
- Let it rest for 8-10 minutes before serving.
I like mine super smooth and creamy, no lumps for me.
- Steam or boil cauliflower until tender but not over cooked.
- put into blender with 1 tbsp butter and 2 tbsp cream
- add salt
- blitz until smooth
- serve immediately.
I buy quality beef jus from a deli it is expensive but I get 6 serves at least out of a jar as a little goes a long way and I freeze it in individual portions.
I could eat this every day. This was a big serve but I had just finished a 36 hour fast and wanted to get a good serve of protein in.