So when I started I would average 9-14 carbs a day no problem but tracking recently I am finding it hard to stay under 20. So I thought I would give you a list of what I like to call sneaky carbs so you can watch out for them too.
- Cream – it still has carbs you need to count every blob of it.
- Peanut butter – yes its a treat and at 2-3gm carbs per tablespoon it is not that low.
- Berries – just a couple of times a week you say, are you weighing them ?
- 90 sec bread and almond and coconut flours in general.
- That Lindt 90% is 2.5gm per 2 squares better count ’em
- Veggies, yes I know they are good but that cup of cabbage 3gm, that avocado 4gm. I am of course pro veggies – but they do add up.
- Is that bacon maple cured or some such deliciousness suddenly it goes from zero to 2gm per slice.
- Seeds in crackers and sprinkled on salads, 50gm seeds 5.5gm carbs !
- White cheeses like Feta 50gm = 2gm carbs
- Coconut cream 70ml = 2.2gm and 70ml isn’t a lot
So watch out for ’em – keep that eagle eye on your serving sizes and keto on.